How To Locate Course of Study Standards and ALEX Learning Resources
Did you know?
ALEX, the Alabama Learning Exchange site has been active for 22 years! As you can imagine, ensuring all of the data was accurately migrated to the new server is a major undertaking. We are constantly striving to improve the site and make it user-friendly for all Alabama educators. Our team is working diligently to ensure educators can locate our most popular resources, including all of the Alabama Course of Study Standards (ALCOS). While we refine this process, you may locate the previous Alabama Learning Exchange site at alex.asc.edu or click "Read more..." to follow these steps.
To locate the content standards:
- Visit our companion site, www.alabamastandards.org.
- Click on the subject area.
- Click on the course or grade level.
- Click on the arrows to navigate through the levels of standards.
- There are additional functionalities on this platform as well. You can learn more about them by visiting the Standards Explorer or by clicking the Information icon in the top right corner (blue i).
You can view this instructional video to learn more about AlabamaStandards.org.
To locate standards-aligned learning resources:
- Go to https://alex.state.al.us.
- Hover over Learning Resources, and select the type of learning resource you would like to find.
- Classroom Resources are instructional tools aligned with the ALCOS supporting student achievement.
- Learning Activities are the building blocks of a lesson plan that provide either a before, a during, or an after strategy to actively engage students in learning a concept or skill.
- Lesson Plans provide a step-by-step guide utilizing instructional best practices and are built upon learning activities.
- Unit Plans are a sequence of lesson plans, taught over a period of time, and aligned to the Course of Study Standards.
- After selecting the type of learning resource, you can filter by keyword, grade level, and/or subject area.
We invite all ALEX users to offer specific feedback and suggestions using this form: bit.ly/ALEXPhase1Test. We look forward to continuing to support Alabama educators as they provide high-quality, effective, standards-based instruction in their classrooms and schools! If there is a specific resource you are trying to locate, please let us know. We can provide directions to navigate to the resource.
Get in touch with the ALEX Team by using the contact form here, or email us directly at email@example.com.