- Strategies to read, analyze, and evaluate texts from various academic disciplines.
- Content-specific text will often include a particular structure and domain-specific vocabulary.
Students are able to:
- Read, analyze, and evaluate texts from subjects other than English language arts to determine the use of domain-specific vocabulary.
- Read, analyze, and evaluate texts from subjects other than English language arts to determine how the academic discipline organizes content.
Students understand that:
- Different academic disciplines may utilize different vocabulary.
- Different academic disciplines may arrange content in particular organizational styles.
- Academic disciplines
- Domain-specific vocabulary
- Content organization