Scientific and Engineering Practices
Analyzing and Interpreting Data
- All animals need food, water, and air in order to survive.
- Animals obtain their food from plants and other animals.
- Plants need water, light and air to survive.
Students are able to:
- Distinguish between living (including humans) and nonliving things.
- Verify what living things, including plants and animals, need to survive.
Students understand that:
- Patterns in the natural world can be observed and used as evidence when distinguishing between living and nonliving things and determining the needs of living things.