Scientific and Engineering Practices
Planning and Carrying out Investigations
Cause and Effect
- Sunlight warms the Earth's surface.
- Know different patterns of relative warmth of materials in sunlight and in shade (e.g., hotter, warmer, cooler, and colder)
- Materials on the Earth's surface can be investigated (e.g., dirt, sand, water) and described.
Students are able to:
- Investigate the effects of sunlight on Earth's surface.
- Observe the effects of sunlight on Earth's surface.
- Describe the effects of sunlight on Earth's surface.
Students understand that:
- Sunlight causes an observable effect on the Earth's surfaces including: water, soil, rocks, sand, grass.