Scientific and Engineering Practices
Planning and Carrying out Investigations
Cause and Effect
- Basic growth needs of plants include water, nutrients, light, and air.
Students are able to:
- Conduct an investigation to produce data used as evidence.
- Determine the growth needs of plants.
- Collaboratively develop an investigation plan that describes key features of the investigation and isolates variables as needed.
Students understand that:
- There are observable patterns present in the growth of plants that can be used to determine the needs of plants.