Scientific and Engineering Practices
Developing and Using Models
Systems and System Models
- The different forms of energy.
- How to recognize work being done.
- The law of conservation of energy.
Students are able to:
- Construct models to illustrate phenomena.
- Recognize different forms of energy.
- Apply the law of conservation of energy to a system.
- Graph data.
- Determine the area under a curve on a graph.
Students understand that:
- Energy is the ability to do work and energy can be transformed into different forms of energy while obeying the law of conservation of energy.
- area under curve
- gravitational potential energy
- kinetic energy
- elastic potential energy
- thermal energy
- sound energy
- law of conservation of energy
- work-energy theorem