- Corresponding rules of arithmetic of integers, specifically what it means for the integers to be closed under addition, subtraction, and multiplication, and not under division.
- Procedures for performing addition, subtraction, and multiplication on polynomials.
Students are able to:
- Communicate the connection between the rules for arithmetic on integers and the corresponding rules for arithmetic on polynomials.
- Accurately perform combinations of operations on various polynomials.
Students understand that:
- There is an operational connection between the arithmetic on integers and the arithmetic on polynomials.
- Analogous system