- The aspects of a matrix with regard to entries, rows, columns, dimensions, elements, and subscript notations.
Students are able to:
- Strategically choose and apply appropriate representations of matrices on which arithmetic operations can be performed.
Students understand that:
- Matrix addition and subtraction may be performed only if the matrices have the same dimensions.
- Matrix multiplication can be performed only when the number of columns in the first matrix equal the number of rows in the second matrix.
- There are many contextual situations where arithmetic operations on matrices allow us to solve problems.
- Appropriate dimensions