Techniques for graphing.
Students are able to:
- Identify the type of function from the symbolic representation.
- Manipulate expressions to reveal important features for identification in the function.
- Accurately graph any relationship.
- Find the inverse of a function algebraically and/or graphically.
Students understand that:
- Key features are different depending on the function.
- Identifying key features of functions aid in graphing and interpreting the function.
- A function and its inverse are reflections over the line y = x.
- Polynomial function
- Logarithmic function Trigonometric (sine and cosine) function
- Reciprocal function
- Radical function
- End Behavior
- Horizontal Asymptote
- Vertical Asymptote
- Inverse functions