- Key features of trigonometric functions (e.g., amplitude, frequency, and midline).
- Techniques for selecting functions to model periodic phenomena.
Students are able to:
- Determine the amplitude, frequency, and midline of a trigonometric function.
- Develop a trigonometric function to model periodic phenomena.
Students understand that:
- Trigonometric functions are periodic and may be used to model certain periodic contextual phenomena.
- Amplitude, frequency, and midline are useful in determining the fit of the function used to model the phenomena.
- Trigonometric functions
- Periodic phenomena