- The auxiliary line drawn from the vertex perpendicular to the opposite side forms an altitude of the triangle.
- The formula for the area of a triangle (A = 1/2 bh).
- Properties of the sine ratio.
Students are able to:
- Properly label a triangle according to convention.
- Perform algebraic manipulations.
Students understand that:
- Given the lengths of the sides and included angle of any triangle the area can be determined.
- There is more than one formula to find the area of a triangle.
- Auxiliary line