Scientific and Engineering Practices
Constructing Explanations and Designing Solutions
Cause and Effect
- Light comes from different sources (natural/man-made).
- Objects can be seen only when there is a light source.
- Objects can be seen if they give off their own light.
Students are able to:
- Gather evidence from observations to support the explanation that objects can only be seen when illuminated.
Students understand that:
- Objects can be seen only when a light source causes it to be illuminated.