- The difference between today (present), tomorrow (future) and yesterday (past, or history).
- The names of the days of the week, and the order in which they come.
- A year is divided into months, and has heard the names of the months repeatedly .
- Vocabulary: long ago, yesterday, today, tomorrow, history, schedule, calendar, timeline, later, future, before, after
Students are able to:
- List events in their lives in the order in which they occurred.
- Identify a calendar and know that each square or number on the calendar represents a day.
- Name the present month .
- Answer questions about their daily schedule:
- Does recess come before or after lunch?
- Do they go to library everyday?
- Do they go to lunch everyday?
- Identify events that happened a long time ago through the use of personal primary sources.
Students understand that:
- Time is measurable and ongoing.
- There are events in their lives that have already happened (past), events that are happening or will happen today (present), and events that will happen later (in the future).
- Some events have happened in their lifetime and some events happened long ago.
- long ago