- Active listening skills.
- How to engage in discussions and conversations in a variety of settings.
- Agreed-upon rules for participation.
Students are able to:
- Demonstrate active listening skills during discussion and conversation in pairs, small groups, or whole-class settings.
- Converse in pairs, small groups, and large groups.
- Practice the agreed-upon rules for participation.
Students understand that:
- Conversations and discussions follow agreed-upon rules which help us actively listen and gain understanding.
- Active listening